Security Cam PC dead...how to transfer BI settings

propman07

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello-

Well...the subject line should say it all....the PC that I build back in 2013 gave up the ghost. I cannot get it to boot, despite various trouble shooting paths I've taken. I'm in the process of getting a new mother board and case to hopefully transplant the CPU, memory, and hard drives to the "new" case.

I wanted to see if there was a way to get the settings from my "dead" PC and port them over to the "new" PC. I can mount the drive I had in the "dead" PC to my computer, and I can "see" all of the files on it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to see if there was a way to get the settings from my "dead" PC and port them over to the "new" PC. I can mount the drive I had in the "dead" PC to my computer, and I can "see" all of the files on it.
If you had "auto backup" checked on Blue Iris "Options", "About" page, then on the new Blue Iris install you could "import" the "backup.reg" file located on the old hard drive at "C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4". Find, it copy it and place on a flash drive or some method in order to retrieve it later.

I have a USB dock that lets me spin up good 3.5" and 2.5" SATA drives pulled out of customers' "dead" PC's and laptops in order to backup their pictures, documents, etc. off their old drive and place onto the new drive or new PC/laptop. The best $25 I've ever spent for a PC support/repair device.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

propman07

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I have a USB dock that I intend on using as a backup. I actually have a SATA dock built into my PC tower, so I'll just dock the BI drive, and look for the files that I want to keep. BP- I'll take a look at that location in the registry using the link you provided....I'll have to see if it works on Win7 machines.

Thanks again.

Last edited: