Security camera with RTMP streaming

Jmbmichael

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got an odd situation here, I work for a k-12 school and we are looking at options to stream our baseball games. Preferably we would like to have a mounted outdoor camera (on pressbox located behind home plate) that is capable of streaming directly to youtube so that we don't have to worry about anyone knowing how to run any camera software. Basically if the camera has power then it automatically streams. Obviously being a k-12 school we're not looking for top of the line by any means, maybe at least 4k with some optical zoom just to get the field of view correct (maybe 4x) and we really need something that will work well in the evening when the field starts getting shaded before it's dark enough for the lights to kick on and work well with fast moving objects.
The thought was to have the poe power adapter inside the pressbox setup on a switch so that all the guys need to do is turn on the switch to start the streaming and turn it off after the game. I've never messed with one of these rtmp cameras so is that even possible?

Any other ideas will be greatly appreciated.