Security code emails

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I keep getting emails with a security code, just trying to figure if I should be worried or what not.

They come from servicexxx@hicloudcam.com
Xxx is a 3 digit number

They have a 4 digit code and tell me it is good for 30 minutes. I have a ezviz doorbell camera and when I search on hicloudcam a few results down it mentions ezviz. My ezviz password is 16 characters randomly generated, so I have a hard time thinking it was hacked. Maybe someone trying to reset me?

I have no Google account alerts where the emails are sent. I got a bunch back to back the other day, checked my stuff and seemed clean so I ignored it. Then tonight I got them again and it made me wonder if something was going on that I should take action. And since this is the site that got me I to this stuff, I thought it is the best place to ask.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could be something innocent like someone bought a similar device and is manually entering in the ID and is off and it is yours.

But more than likely, sounds like someone trying to get into your system.

I would at a minimum reset the password. Maybe even factory reset.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It could be something innocent like someone bought a similar device and is manually entering in the ID and is off and it is yours.

But more than likely, sounds like someone trying to get into your system.

I would at a minimum reset the password. Maybe even factory reset.
I guess that's true, easy task is resetting the password and see if it continues

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't hurt but not sure it will help stop the notices. Looked at the site and it doesn't appear to require more than an account name to send the code. So whether someone is trying or doing it by accident, it will continue to send codes if they keep trying with your account name.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah super strange. Not sure how they have my account name, it is fairly unique

Moreso, I tried logging in from a new phone and I was not receiving the verification emails.

On my registered device I added phone verification and with that I got the verification to log in. I also changed the password so we will see. Also change Email password just in case someone is in there but I see no alerts or funky login devices.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
More strangeness. Trying from computer the site says the message channel is busy. I’m curious if the erroneous messages are from some sort of internal error. Would be awesome to hear if any other ezviz users are seeing this.

Alhabiti

n3wb
Reaction score
I keep getting emails with a security code, just trying to figure if I should be worried or what not.

They come from servicexxx@hicloudcam.com
Xxx is a 3 digit number

They have a 4 digit code and tell me it is good for 30 minutes. I have a ezviz doorbell camera and when I search on hicloudcam a few results down it mentions ezviz. My ezviz password is 16 characters randomly generated, so I have a hard time thinking it was hacked. Maybe someone trying to reset me?

I have no Google account alerts where the emails are sent. I got a bunch back to back the other day, checked my stuff and seemed clean so I ignored it. Then tonight I got them again and it made me wonder if something was going on that I should take action. And since this is the site that got me I to this stuff, I thought it is the best place to ask.

Alhabiti

n3wb
Reaction score
I received this today but I don't have a camera like yours. I use ring and arlo. I was wondering where this came from too. I did not try logging in.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received this today but I don't have a camera like yours. I use ring and arlo. I was wondering where this came from too. I did not try logging in.
Probably a scam...but you do have cams that are talking to the internet so it is easy for someone to hack off your email from them...

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I realized mine was the result of enabling 2fa on the camera app login while it was connected to home assistant.

every time ha tried to connect it made a new 2fa request. My options, disable 2fa or not have it connected to ha.