serial changes and viewing someone else feed wt???

Pico

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased 7 hikvision cameras from aliexpress.
6 DS-2CD2032 and 1 DS-2CD2532.

I have installed and configured them on my local lan through a POE switch. All local config was without issue.

Now it gets interesting. When trying to connect them to the internet to view outside my home its been a nightmare. First I changed all the ports to avoid any conflict with my router.
On the ezviz website my cameras are never detected automatically with a lan search and even by serial number they are not online according to the tool??
On the IMVS iPhone app i set up hiDDNS and it kept telling my my camera is in the wrong region???
Weird right??

Anyway I try changing to private domain mode in the IMVS tool. Now my serial of my camera has changed... how did that happen
I set up a hiDDNS domain and go to view my camera online. Online in hiDDNS (http://hik-online.com/**domain name**) the serial number is the new serial number shown that was created when i changed it to private domain mode.
I double click the camera and its someone else feed!!!

I logged into the camera with my admin and password credits to boot. this is really weird.

So i just contacted aliexpress and they are telling me my cameras are chines region and to change them to that. I do that in the IMVS iPhone app and walls it works. BUT the feed is from some other camera again just like the hiDDNS web gui.

I think I have been ripped off here??? The cameras I have may not be what they where advertised as or there is some serious firmware mix up here.

if you need more info i can supply. help is greatly appreciated.