Set a maximum time length for a triggered alert?

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When we get heavy snow at night and the cameras are in IR mode a single triggered alert can last for over an hour. I'd like to be able to set a time limit for the maximum length of a trigger.

I tried tweaking the break time but it either has no effect or I get too many useless short alerts. Disabling IR mode is not an option.

Something like the 'Reset detector when Object size exceeds option:' but for length of time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are some instances where that is a problem and is hard to overcome.

If your cameras have AI capabilities to them, use that and have Blue Iris trigger on ONVIF triggers from the camera and that will just about knock them out. If your camera doesn't have AI capabilities and is just IVS features, you might be able to try that route as well and see if is better than BI Motion detection.

Another option you can do is create clone camera and have those trigger the main camera (clone master) and have it trigger based on time between alerts in the Alerts tab of the camera in BI. But you could then miss a real alert when it isn't snowing...

Another option is to set up a profile for when it snows and have those cameras not record motion during that profile.

Might be other ways as well and someone will chime in if they have a different method.