Set Hikvision NVR to only record when alarm is armed?

danoj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am hoping to learn to programmatically set the storage schedule of my Hikvision 7608, so I can only record when my alarm is armed. I figure I can have the alarm(or my integrated home automation system) clear the schedule when disarmed, and set the schedule to full on arming.

I am not a programmer, or familiar with GET/POST/ISAPI so the content here at this point is not terribly helpful, but it seems it can be done. Has anyone attempted anything similar, and can share syntax etc. to get me started?

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Integration and Development Materials/03--Protocol/

The NVR and alarm are close, so if there is an easier method with alarm inputs etc., that would be equally interesting.

Thanks!
Dan

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If your NVR has alarm inputs and your alarm system has a wired alarm relay that closes when your arm the alarm, it would be trivial. You could connect your alarm system to the alarm inputs on the NVR, and would configure the unit so it records only when the alarm input is triggered.

danoj

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Securame,

To be more specific, I want the NVR to only record events when the system is armed. I currently have the cameras trigger an alarm input so the NVR records on events.
Given this, is there a config that would require say A1 (armed) AND A2(event) = record, or does recording events only complicate the solution?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can set up recording by "motion", "motion | event", "motion & event".

That is, "motion or event" and "motion and event". You want to do it by "motion & event", so it will record when there is motion, and the alarm input is triggered (both conditions have to be met, if the alarm input is not trigerred, it will not record).