Set Up That Is Easy To Use?

Reaction score
Planning on building a home later this year and want to get my plan together to make the install easier.

Primary reason for a camera system is that the home will have some acerage with no neighbors for a couple hundred feet. My wife works from home and I want to be able to ensure no unwanted visitors are on the property while I am away.

Currently, in our typical suburban neighborhood home, we have a wireless Blink XT system set up. I quickly learned after joining this forum, hard wired POE systems are much better.

However, my wife likes the way the Blink software is easy to use. It is easy to open the app on her phone and check the live feed as well as review footage when an alert occurs.

Are there any 6-8 proven camera kits from Lorex, Hikvision, Swann, Laview, or Dahua that offer simple to use software/apps. My wife wants to be able to have easy access to live viewing and checking alerts.

Our goal is overall property surveillance (about 100 ft perimeter around the home? Please correct me if this is unrealistic). License plate and facial recognition isn't the main concern (although would be nice). Looking for a good blend of day and night performance. We definitely do not require the latest and greatest, but we do want proven reliability and performance that has software that is easy to use.

Does such a kit exist? If not, what do you recommend?