Settilngs for Event on Dahua Camera

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been struggling with the Video Detect settings for quite awhile. Specifically, the "Area->Setup" settings. BTW, I have two IPC-HFW4300S-V2 cameras that I have been experimenting with. Anyway, the menu gives you four "Regions" to define with their own sensitivity and threshold settings. So, what I do to set up these two parameters in one "Regions" is to select the whole picture. If its the first region, the whole checkerboard picture is populated with red hash lines. Next, I select a sensitivity level. I first select 100 percent, and watch what, I get when I walk near the camera. I lower it to a reasonable level so that moving leaves do not cause a spike on the recording graph. I then lower the "Threshold" setting so that only my walking in front of the camera causes a detection spike to show above the threshold line. However, I find that the next day, I have about 100 email alerts. I log back into the camera, and find that the sensitivity level that I chose the previous day was too high, and the threshold too low. In other words, it seems that I have to wait 24 hours between settings, and results. Can anybody shed some light on how to set the Video Detect settings?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That was supposed to be "Settings", not "Settllings". I hate auto correct.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use a real security system with outdoor motion sensors to send you alerts, not an outdoor camera.

indoors in my garage or server room where there are no windows, pets, etc it might work well enough for alerts.. but outdoors is dynamic, lighting changes throughout the day and with weather, bugs, etc your never going to get a useful alert.