Setting the time

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just don't understand about this time stamp on Blue Iris? I went to the camera software and set the time two of the four cameras are correct but in the recording time is off by a lot. I don't see anywhere in Blue Iris to set up the time stamp on that it used to be at the bottom but I don't know what I did to mess that up. question is how do I set the correct time on my cameras so that the recordings have the correct time?

Little Tlejunior

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Set the time in the cameras. Then point the cameras at a time server to keep them up to date.
It would help to know what exact cameras you are referring to.

Disable the time display in Blue Iris, and just use the cameras time on the screen.
See the Blue Iris help file for more info.
4 Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Security POE IP Dome Camera,
They are
I went to the amcrest software and configured all the times on each camera and saved it but it seems to lose it. I have been all over the web looking for blue iris on how to set the time and in The Help Center and can't find the answer. That's why I came here sorry I didn't mention what kind of cameras they were.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have NetTime installed on my BI server, all cameras' "Sync with NTP Server" settings are pointed to BI server's LAN IP, port 123, update every 10 minutes, BI's time overlay turned off.

I've come to understand it's best from a legal standpoint to use the cam's time overlay and not BI, as it could be argued by a good lawyer (oxymoron?) that the image was "modified" by the BI overlay.

A "How To":