Setting up a Hilook NVR with honeywell Cameras

Benscott

Young grasshopper
Jan 5, 2022
Sydney
Hi all

Having some trouble perhaps check my post history I was just running a systm without a NVR but I just purchased an NVR an 8 channel Hilook

So I had a working system and basically disconnected my 4 port POE switch plugged the Lan cable into the back on the NVR plugged my cameras into the NVR POE but it wont find any of the cameras. I have switched them to ONVIF for protocol as I was advised still wont find anything. I can Login to the web based GUI for the NVR as its running on my lan 10.0.0.17 It will not find any online cameras or detect anything.

Can somebody help the cameras Im trying to use are honeywell HEW4PR3 I think. the old way of finding them was using 10.0.0.10 but now i cant find them cant find them on my config tool either and the NVR wants to search or has them down and 192.168.254.... etc?

Any help appreciated

Im not just getting it. Do I just go into the camera we based GUI i currently have it opened through my old POE switch only. Should i just change the box from static to dhcp?

I can see on my local network the nvr lan address is 10.0.0.17 and i can login and acces its web based GUI. Its trying to connect the cameras through 192.164... is this right or do I have to manually change it

Im not just getting it. Do I just go into the camera we based GUI i currently have it opened through my old POE switch only. Should i just change the box from static to dhcp?

I can see on my local network the nvr lan address is 10.0.0.17 and i can login and acces its web based GUI. Its trying to connect the cameras through 192.164... is this right or do I have to manually change it
Yes they must be the same. Adjust nvr to be 192.164.xxxx to match cams. And the nvr should be static but cams are assigned via nvr

SO I changed the camera to dhcp and now it has made the local address 10.0.0.19 How to I make the NVR get the camera online the nvr is 10.0.0.17 and its default poe ip addresses are 192.168.254.2 and each poe port an so on changes by one at the end. I have onvif selescted and are using the cameras log in details

So it has the same ip range. Good. Now you should be able to add camera using login credentials. They may be default or if ever setup custom login