Setting up day/night profile to run different exposure?

wetto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was watching a video where the guy mentioned adjusting brightness/contrast. Ive installed BI and have gotten the cameras to be recording but would like to adjust a certain cameras exposure during daylight as the sunlight creates an overexposed image. The video mentioned i could schedule this with profiles but did not elaborate on how to do so. Ive looked online and it mentions its under the PTZ control tab but do not see it. I only see the mentioning of (focus/brightness/etc) checkbox under the tab. I do not see anywhere to actually adjust it. Does the camera have to be a PTZ camera in order to control brightness?

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Under the PTZ Control tab -> Network IP, you can select CUSTOM HTTP in the drop down list. After you select custom http, you can click on "edit" to the right. There you can select Function and the corresponding "/page?args"

I don't know which video you are referring to, so this is the solution that came to mind when you said PTZ control.

You don't need to have a PTZ camera for brightness settings i think.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Was watching a video where the guy mentioned adjusting brightness/contrast. Ive installed BI and have gotten the cameras to be recording but would like to adjust a certain cameras exposure during daylight as the sunlight creates an overexposed image. The video mentioned i could schedule this with profiles but did not elaborate on how to do so. Ive looked online and it mentions its under the PTZ control tab but do not see it. I only see the mentioning of (focus/brightness/etc) checkbox under the tab. I do not see anywhere to actually adjust it. Does the camera have to be a PTZ camera in order to control brightness?
The picture settings are usually adjusted at the camera - see screen grab for one on my Dahua's cameras.
Select the Profile you want to adjust (Day or Night), set as needed for both senarios.

Capture.PNG

wetto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Under the PTZ Control tab -> Network IP, you can select CUSTOM HTTP in the drop down list. After you select custom http, you can click on "edit" to the right. There you can select Function and the corresponding "/page?args"

I don't know which video you are referring to, so this is the solution that came to mind when you said PTZ control.

You don't need to have a PTZ camera for brightness settings i think.
So I found the HTTP setting but everytime I select something like "brightness 5" and hit ok, I don't see any changes in video quality. Once I reselect the the same EDIT box it is defaulted back again to "pan left", the first option on the list. Am I supposed to do anything with /page box or post body box?

Is it also possible to select more than one of the preset modes on the drop-down such as brightness 5 AND IR leds OFF?

The picture settings are usually adjusted at the camera - see screen grab for one on my Dahua's cameras.
Select the Profile you want to adjust (Day or Night), set as needed for both senarios.
I read something about this online too but it looked a little complicated so I was hoping BI had some sort of slider like the one you pictured. If I can get this working on BI alone I'll see if any of the preset settings work so I can set them as day and night profiles.

I would imagine the ones under the oem options act like a "master setting". Or is there a way to configure them for day and night mode for use with blue iris?

wetto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update: I actually see the same ptz controls just by right clicking the camera. Under the bottom of the list. I have the same problem. Once I check a setting ie: IR off. It doesn't actually do anything even though this time the setting stays checked. I've tried this with both the network IP set as HTTP custom as well as the original setting of ONVIF (OXML).

Attachments