Setting up DS-KB8112-IM and DS-KH6320-WTE1

saguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally gotten around to setting up my doorbell station.

So far so good, indoor station rings and mobile phone rings via hik connect so pretty happy so far. I do have some annoyances/questions though - not sure if anyone else has had success with any of these:

1. Is there any way to connect a reed switch to either the outdoor or indoor unit to indicate to me that the gate is open?

2. My IP cameras are plugged directly into my Hikvision NVR so have a different IP range. I see I can add IP cameras to my indoor station, but only manually via the IP which in my case won't work unless I do some networking changes. Any other options?

3. Any way to disable the function to leave a message? There's a massive problem with this functionality. If I don't answer then the outdoor station prompt says: "Please press a key to leave a message" but pressing the key actually ends the voice recording. The prompt should say "Leave a message and press the key when complete". It's totally wrong. Not sure how they got it so wrong. I'm wondering if there isn't a way to try set custom voice prompts.

4. Can I change the display icon of my station in the Live View screen of my indoor station? Would prefer to have a nice picture of my house maybe

5. Any other useful configurations/tips/tricks?

Last edited: