Setting up email notification and ivs

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a trip wire setup and email via gmail running fine for a while on one of my ip cameras. I was having a lot of work done around my house so I turned it off and never got around to turning it back on about a year ago. I recently had a reason that I wish it was on and now that I click enable again in the IVF set up section and checked all was still the same in the network email setup it doesn’t work anymore. Running the email test just results in a failed result. No user names or passwords have changed and the less secure app allowance is still on in gmail. Anyone have an idea since it seems I can’t get notifications on the mobile app anymore either to work. Thanks

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Bret_FL, after turning off IVS a year ago, did you happen to block your cameras' access to the Internet during that time and forgotten you had done so? Do you have the ports open for SMTP and notifications on your router? eg, I have ports 25 (for SMTP; check the port you need for GMail) and 2195 open for the notifications and email to come through.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What firmware are you on? There was an issue with Gmail SSL and Dahua that has been resolved with a firmware update.