Settings get lost after unplugging the camera

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have 2x Dahua IPC hdw5231r-z camera that I bought from Andy some few years ago. I moved the house and trying to set them up again. One of the cameras is working all fine but the other loses all the settings when unplugged from the Switch (I use Netgear managed POE switch) and reverts back to the settings I had in the old house including IP settings.

Any ideas what's wrong with it? I didn't do a Factory reset etc. as not sure if that's going to brick the camera.

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Factory reset will not brick the camera.

Make sure you use Internet Explorer to make and save changes. Not Edge, not Chrome with IE plug-in, but plain ole Explorer that is baked into Windows. Simply do a search for Explorer and it will show up.

Many of these cameras are browser dependent and what you mention is a similar issue others have experienced if not using Explorer.

djkprojects

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Factory reset will not brick the camera.

Make sure you use Internet Explorer to make and save changes. Not Edge, not Chrome with IE plug-in, but plain ole Explorer that is baked into Windows. Simply do a search for Explorer and it will show up.

Many of these cameras are browser dependent and what you mention is a similar issue others have experienced if not using Explorer.
Thanks, the issue was solved by upgrading the firmware to latest version available on here. It wasn't the browser issue (I was using IE), the settings on the other camera were saving just fine.