Setup Instructions for new IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI 4MP?

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just bought a 3rd camera from Andy based on the excellent suggestions and help from wittaj , sebastioncombs and too many others to count. But now, a new camera. I used the same shutter and gain suggestions for a starting point when I set up my last camera, a 3241 which worked out great. Now my new camera is an IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI-3.6 mm (from Andy) and I though I'd start with that same set of values on the new camera, but that didn't work at all and my pictures were a brilliant green/yellow in appearance. So .... I tried experimenting and did get what I thought were pretty good pictures but when you're a noob you can end up doing other things that might not work out so well later on, so am I asking for starting camera settings suggestions under "Conditions" for this new camera, and I think mainly shutter/gain settings. Now I did do a temp mount on an outside 175 watt Mercury Gas Vapor light pole which I'm sure greatly enhanced the pictures when it was pitch black out (as in the attached video), but I also realize that when I move this camera to another location these settings will likely have to be re-evaluated and changed so any suggestions will be copied and pasted for that time. Here are a couple of samples attached of what I came up with last night and early morning, when I clicked on a setting called "Regional Custom" and having no idea of what that means?
2 Settings night Dahua IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI-3.6 mm .JPG7 Dark  IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI-3.6 mm .JPG8 Day  IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI-3.6 mm .JPG
View attachment Night Capture video Dark outside.mp4
Temp mount IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE-NI-3.6 mm .JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The full color camera as a better f-stop that lets in more light, so the starting point will probably be a little different.

It looks like you have done the right things.

I would lower the NR.

And I have found with the newer series to first set an IVS rule first because there is a bug in many of these that you set the parameters and then go set an IVS rule and it ups the gain to 100.

jlindblo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The full color camera as a better f-stop that lets in more light, so the starting point will probably be a little different.

It looks like you have done the right things.

I would lower the NR.

And I have found with the newer series to first set an IVS rule first because there is a bug in many of these that you set the parameters and then go set an IVS rule and it ups the gain to 100.
Thanks wittaj, I am forever in school ... even at 84. :^)))