Setup stunnel for BI 4

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am trying to setup stunnel so that i am able to connect from the outside to my Hyper-V 2019 server hosting a Server 2019 VM with Blue Iris 4 & stunnel installed.
The name of the server is camera.ad.domain.nl. So i have added camera.domain.nl to my Sectigo SSL certificate.

I have looked at a couple of stunnel topics, for example this one:

But i have a couple of questions, because not all the stunnel topics are saying the same.

This part:
[blue-iris]
accept = 8344 - Is this the port number i insert under Web Server and then "Enable the HTTP web server on port" (Or should i disable " Enable the HTTP web server on port"?)
connect = 8347 - Is this the port number i insert under Web Server and then "Stunnel is installed for HTTPS on port"
Or is this the other way around?

Do i add this to the ssl CLIENT or SERVER section of the config? Some topics say under client section and others are saying under server section.

The port number i insert at "Stunnel is installed for HTTPS on port" is also the one i have to forward/allow in my router/firewall right?
Do i enable "HTTPS LAN also" ?

Where do i place my certificate? Does it have to be a *.pem file?

I know people often say that using a VPN is easier/better, but still i would like to use HTTPS instead of HTTP. So the "use VPN answer" is not correct is this case ;)

Many thanks in advance!