Setup Town Live Stream 24/7

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone, although I'm sure someone has already asked in regards to setting up a webcam live stream, I'm looking for input/ideas.

A relative of mine owns a restaurant in a small town. The town gets quite a good number of tourist visitors throughout the year, specially during winter since we get snow, town is located in Souther California. He wants to take advantage of the restaurant location, as he has one of the best views of downtown. He is interested in running a public webcam 24/7 with the idea of driving more traffic to his website and hopefully more customers to his front door.

I'm computer savvy myself and have conducted multiple IP camera installations, mainly Dahua cameras, some running off NVR others BI. I performed all cable runs and cable terminations myself. But when it comes to securing an actual network I'm a bit on the rusty side.
Although I understand no computer network could ever be fully bullet proof when it comes to cyber attacks. Due to the nature of this being a restaurant, with credit card terminals and what not. Does anyone have experience doing this?
In order to not disrupt current network/bandwidth he want to run a separate account (line) just for this task.
Undecided about camera model, but we will be using a PTZ from Andy, either 4MP or 4k, (but probably the 4MP), the one with the integrated wiper will be awesome to have, but pricey.
Should I utilize BI or NVR (would love to save footage for a few days)? How do you secure the network? I understand I will need a service to stream the feed to the website such as youtube, twitch, vimeo, etc.

TIA looking forward to input on this.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Easiest way to live stream would be via Youtube Live or some other service.

Dahua/Hik have RTMP stream options in settings. You can just input the Youtube/other stream key in and the camera will send to the platform.

YouTube for 24/7 Live stream can keep going, it will just save the past 12 hours.

DezertManiac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Easiest way to live stream would be via Youtube Live or some other service.

Dahua/Hik have RTMP stream options in settings. You can just input the Youtube/other stream key in and the camera will send to the platform.

YouTube for 24/7 Live stream can keep going, it will just save the past 12 hours.
Thanks will look into this, helpful video, appreciate your time.