Shifting gears....

Reaction score
So today, I took my grille off to swap with the new one I bought...... looks like I get to buy a new Ford emblem to go on it....

Top is old, bottom is new. The black part on top does NOT remove-- it is part of that molded grill structure. LOL
I apparently need part number JL3Z8213A. Well, at least it's not a $1,000 surprise....

1597543942722.png

the correct grille emblem...

1597595128877.png

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Were you able to get collision/comprehensive insurance on it since it has a salvage title?

That sucks man, looks like it could have been much worse.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I had an '88 Suburban 2500, fire engine red too, and a deer ran into the right rear quarter panel one night. I was lucky and popped the dent back out the next day. The deer just got up and ran away, back where he came from.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
A little update... The "preferred" repair shop for American Family did a repair quote for the deer hit....

$7,342.00
Now, I'm freaking out a bit thinking the insurance company is going to raise hell-- even though it came from their own network shop. Hmm....
You may need to provide before pictures, if they ask, so they don't think you are pushing off the before damage on to this damage.

Reaction score
You may need to provide before pictures, if they ask, so they don't think you are pushing off the before damage on to this damage.
I actually did that when I got the insurance, along with pics of the repairs that were made (and some I chose not to touch yet).... The deer fur in the bead of that tire is probably the best pic for me--- and my google photos sequence showing pics 10 minutes before was perfect. That shop didn't figure REPAIRS on anything--- all REPLACE and Paint new parts...