SHN-P6410BN HTPP 12029 failed

WayneV

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 SNH-P641BN cameras (wireless) and can access thru Android SmartCam app no problems.
When I run Find/Inspect with a valid camera IP address (pings no problem) my HTTP Get / request Failed with HTPP 12029 and no RTSP port opens.
Final image error is 8000274d (refused; check ip address and port).
Temporarily have opened ALL INBOUND ports - still no luck.
I cannot access through the latest BI v5.0. I have tried many settings from Network IP, http:// 192.168.x.xx, Generic/ONVF tried them all as well as
Samsung SHN-P6410BN RTSP port 80 and 554 and 443

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This won't cost anything but a little time:

Download and install VLC.
Open a network stream.
For the URL, try:
Code:
rtsp://username:password@camera-IP/profile5/media.smp
Of course, put your cam's username, password and IP address in the path.
In the video path, you might try different "profile" numbers like 1, 4 or 5 for different resolutions.

I also read where firmware update from "2016-07-01 09:43:17.183" removed this functionality, as samsung wants you to use their cloud.

EDIT: also, you may have to not enter more than 8 characters for password even if more were used when setting up the camera

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have 3 SNH-P641BN cameras (wireless) and can access thru Android SmartCam app no problems.
When I run Find/Inspect with a valid camera IP address (pings no problem) my HTTP Get / request Failed with HTPP 12029 and no RTSP port opens.
Final image error is 8000274d (refused; check ip address and port).
Temporarily have opened ALL INBOUND ports - still no luck.
I cannot access through the latest BI v5.0. I have tried many settings from Network IP, http:// 192.168.x.xx, Generic/ONVF tried them all as well as
Samsung SHN-P6410BN RTSP port 80 and 554 and 443

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Wayne, I had the exact same experience with by Smartcam (same model). However, I had already set up the SNH-P6410BN within BI5 without a problem. It was working great for months. And btw I created the camera in BI this year -- long after 2016 when Samsung supposed removed this functionality. Hard to explain. Then, a few weeks ago, without warning, after making no changes to BI or the cam, I suddenly got the exact same error (8000274d). I tried calling Samsung, they won't help, they referred me to Wisenet who will only support the app itself. Very frustrating. It worked great, and now it just doesn't. Totally lost....