Shutter speeds/Hikvision

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is a two part question:

1. Blue Iris has a lot of presets for PTZ shutter speeds but I'm looking for two more, 1/90 or 1/75 and 1/150. Is there a way to add that to the presets so that I can access them that way?

2. Not knowing how Hikvision actually sets shutter speed, is it doing it via presets or?? If it is doing it via presets, is there a list of what codes Hik uses anywhere? (I've looked and have not yet come up with anything)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to set the shutter speed within the camera GUI.

These presets in BI are special use cases and may or may not work with the camera.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They do work with the camera and I'd rather automate the process. I posted about it in my thread on the Paxvigo cam. I'm currently using them with the scheduler in BI. I'm just anal about this kind of stuff (most stuff actually), and am trying to get everything I can out of it (those extra presets would about do it for me). :p

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
To elaborate JIK... I want the shutter to be as fast as possible dependent on the light at dawn and dusk without me going into the GUI and changing it. That's why I've scheduled changes relative to sunrise/sunset.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you can find the API for shutter speed you could make you own for those speeds you want.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I can't find anything. That's why I'm asking here and not bothering Ken for something that only seems to interest me. :p

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Still can't find anything so I just emailed Ken for some insight. Probably a no-go but you never know...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow! Ken already got back to me and said there is no provision for a user to do this BUT he offered to change a couple over to what I was looking for. I told him what would work best for me (not knowing who prefers what or even knowing if anyone else actually uses this feature). He further stated that in a future update he could make all twelve customizable or even extensible. Gotta love Ken's work, eh?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is awesome. That is why we tell people to fork over the renewal even if they are not updating. He is always tweaking and eventually will add something someone wants!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what really makes BI stand out against most everything else out there. All of the little things like that it can do. He's been around for so long now and had the advantage of years and years of real user input and feature requests. It's not the easiest to walk into, interface is kinda dated, limited to Windows, etc., and has its quirks. But damn it will do pretty much any obscure thing that you need to do. And if it doesn't now, then it probably will within the next few versions if it's a reasonable ask. That goes for @bp2008 and UI3 also. Both of those guys kind of amaze me.