Simple Windows Camera Monitor for ONVIF

Leith1812

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried a few dozen apps, and all seem to suffer from clunky interfaces with noticeable delay in the stream, or lack ONVIF support.

Is there any open source or freeware applications for Windows that may have escaped my notice? I think I've tried everything in the Microsoft Store. It just needs to be simple app to find the cameras, arrange the multiview and stream them without jittering or freezing up.

Leith1812

n3wb
Reaction score
It would help to know what exact cameras.
They're the Shenzen special, some 4k implement cameras from Alibaba. Revotech is one brand from a store titled ASDK thats working out pretty well for a closed network installation.

Works well in Blue Iris on a 10th gen and 7th gen i5 with 8GB RAM capturing streams from 6 cameras set at 4k and max bitrate. Maybe 300ms of input delay you deliberately move something in front of the camera to screen, which is fine for our use case.

If you change to an application for simply viewing the livestream, depending on the app, it has 500ms-1500ms of delay and stutters like mad.
Finding an app with a simple interface, with touch features, and doesn't develop symptoms hasn't been met with any success. All the monitors are standalone i5 platforms, so ideally it's a Windows app. Recording isn't necessary, just software that has touch, can handle 10 streams, and is intuitive to add cameras on.

Tried a lot of Android equivalents. Some work okay, others don't. Unfortunately, Android probably off the table due to needing Ethernet. Tried a tablet for a wireless installation and it struggled with a few things. Tinycam didn't work at all, was an incredible amount of delay. IP Cam Viewer seemed the best from a performance standpoint, but the image quality isn't as sharp without the hardware decoding on the Intel monitors.

Last edited: