Slanted Ceiling/Soffit

Tfire81

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm considering installing a couple 5442's (IPC-HDW5442T-ZE) but am not sure how to install on my slanted soffit. Any ideas how I can install and have the camera parallel with the ground? I tried google but haven't found a definite answer.

See attached pic. I would like to install onto the soffit where the blue square is. Trying to avoid mounting to the stone.

Attachments

Last edited:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
From recent experience you could also get a FA130-E junction box to mount the camera. This can contain the camera pigtails / poe cable.

This junction box or camera will also need too secure into a "ground" typically a block of wood but i have seen other more inventive ways on some threads here.

If you do decide to mount the camera straight onto the soffit without junction box you'll need a 1" or 25mm hole to pass, protect and hide the pigtails through. If you go the junction box route a hole big enough to pass a cat5/6 cable through (10mm approx) into the junction box will suffice.

From the photo your soffit looks to be perforated metal for ventilation. A cable passing through this should have a rubber grommet fitted to protect the cable from damage due to Burrs and sharp edges.

Find attached photos of recent install so far. While i haven't used the junction box on the soffit i did used them in the brick wall. The reason behind not using them on the soffit was 1. its a little bit more discreet and 2. I have a large weatherproof void to hide the cables in.

Good luck

Griswald

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
With metal soffits a little creative bending of the facia flange allows a piece to be removed once you pull a staple or nail used to hold it in position. A piece of flat stock, 2"x1/8" aluminum, cut to the overall width from the wall to the facia flange can be used to mount the camera. The cable can be routed in a groove of the soffit material and a notch made in the upper flange of the channel on the wall end for the cable to pass through. Makes a nice, painless (hopefully), installation with no visible holes anywhere.