Slow motion filming/recording on Dahua NVR 4208 8p 4KS2

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, still playing with my new NVR and learning.
Question, when i check my recordings the movies look like as it is slow motion.
Also when i'm looking the real time stream i see a hick up what the cams are showing me.
Any idea what this is??
Each cam are on 1080p on 25 fps.
On my Synology NAS the cam footage looks butterly smooth.

Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you recording to both NVR and Synology?

Can you export a sample clip from the NVR and post it here? Does the exported video have these problems?

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Can you export a sample clip from the NVR and post it here? Does the exported video have these problems?
Hi there, no i'm only recording to my NVR. And now i'm looking to put the recording on a USB drive ?? On the nas this works very easy

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Strange, de NVR doesn't recon my USB drive. First i used a Fat 32 drive, no result, then a NFTS format, zero results. I'm using the front usb drive.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR will export a Dahua proprietary .dav file.

Better way is to install SmartPSS and use it to download clips in mp4

Last edited:

T#R

n3wb
Reaction score
I also have problems with the normal speed, not everytime, but sometimes, Slowmotion or Speed up.
And x2 fast forward sometimes stutters, i think the dual core cant handle this... why they sell poor performance?
A Quadcore should be Cheap today, i have 1x 1440p 25fps, 1x 1080p 25fps & 2 x 720p 15fps.

NVR2104-4KS2, latest Firmware V4.000.0000001.5.R.191218.

Are Dahua employees on the way here?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
have you tried reducing the frame rate on your cameras? 25fps is overkill for surveillance purposes. try 15 or even 10 fps.
this will reduce the bit rate and data storage requirements and make it easier for the NVR to decode without dropping frames...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have smartpss, when i look the real-time stream on smartpss, it is super fluid

One big difference is the NVR "Live" view usually looks at the main stream, SmartPSS defaults to the substream until you double click on a camera and then you can get the full main stream. Seems many of the Lite and middle of the road Dahua NVR's choke trying to play multiple live streams.

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have you tried reducing the frame rate on your cameras? 25fps is overkill for surveillance purposes. try 15 or even 10 fps.
this will reduce the bit rate and data storage requirements and make it easier for the NVR to decode without dropping frames...
I’ll trie that. But my Synology doesn’t had any difficulties to stream my cameras

DWinters1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One big difference is the NVR "Live" view usually looks at the main stream, SmartPSS defaults to the substream until you double click on a camera and then you can get the full main stream. Seems many of the Lite and middle of the road Dahua NVR's choke trying to play multiple live streams.
Strange, this nvr could handle 200mbps and my synology NAS could do the job fine. But on smartpss it is very nice