Small light "orbs" and motion detection

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What exactly are the small little objects floating around and visible by cameras at night? Doesn't matter what camera I'm using. I see what looks like dust particles or bugs moving past the camera. I've got motion detection set at 20 and it still triggers the recording. How do you deal with this?

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those bright orbs are usually bugs attracted to the IR lights. Camera models? A post of the detection area and motion settings from the webGUI would help too.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome post!

wopi82 clearly explained a number of things difficult to grasp. (for me anyway) I'm sure I'll refer back to it.

No bugs here now. Way too cold. I'm using a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE. The effect is the same on another Dahua cam I have as well. Both were mounted below a deck area. Moisture or particulate in the air makes more sense? It's pretty bad in fog. I'm sure this must be a fairly common issue. If I was a criminal, I would commit my crime on a foggy night. Moving the IR might be the answer.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
yep, Fog, even a little bit you dont see with the human eye can give you the floating globes...