Small product adjustment for Dahua wallmount PFB203W?

78suited

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today I received my PFB203W wallmounts and noticed there was only one side where you can insert your UTP cable (see pics below). In my opinion Dahua could make a small adjustment so you can use both sides. I can mount one cam directly to the wall so the UTP cable is invisible behind the mount. For the other cam the UTP cable comes from te left side. Do I have to drill a small hole by myself or can I turn the whole mount upside down so my cam is on top of the bracket instead of hanging underneath?

2.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wouldn't turn things upside down. Drill a small hole if you can or just run the cable hugging the top of the mount and down the other side and into the hole.

For all my wall mounts except one the cable comes in from behind. For the one that didn't, I was fortunate that the cable notch or hole just happened to be on the ideal side, the left side. When I installed that camera, it did make me think, what if the camera was on the other side, what a pain in the a....

Yeah, you are right, there should be notches on both sides and the side or sides that are not used keep the plastic lug inserted.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed the same. The cable channel is on the "wrong" side of my new install. I will probably take a Dremel with a round grinder and notch the opposite side.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

I have an old one of these. It can drill thru a car bumper. ( Back when we HAD bumpers) might be able to make a reasonable half Moon hole with it.....I like that it steps to wider cuts.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.