Small, USB powered, wifi connected, 1/4 thread camera?

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a camera that meets the follow requirements:

Small-ish size. Think the size of a desktop webcam.

Powered via USB

Connects to wifi & works with Blue Iris.

And has your standard 1/4" camera mount threading.

I have a litter robot 4, that can use a USB webcam. I guess "use" is a very figurative term as it seems it just supplies a USB port for power, and an optional mount and that's it. No viewing, motion alerts, nothing.

Wanting to use blueiris so I don't need any third party clouds or integrations. Seems everyone who currently uses it uses a wyse cam or blink cam.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for a camera that meets the follow requirements:

Small-ish size. Think the size of a desktop webcam.

Powered via USB

Connects to wifi & works with Blue Iris.

And has your standard 1/4" camera mount threading.

I have a litter robot 4, that can use a USB webcam. I guess "use" is a very figurative term as it seems it just supplies a USB port for power, and an optional mount and that's it. No viewing, motion alerts, nothing.

Wanting to use blueiris so I don't need any third party clouds or integrations. Seems everyone who currently uses it uses a wyse cam or blink cam.
The Amcrest IP2M-841 meets all that criteria, best as I can tell.
It's BI compatible, has a 1/4-20 female threaded insert in the bottom and is powered by a 5VDC USB wall-wart.
It comes with a USB Type A male to USB micro male cord, about 10 feet long and is furnished with a UL-Listed 5VDC @ 1.5A adapter with Type A female USB connector.
If powering from a USB port you may have to use 2 ports and diode-OR the output to get the current you need; specs say power draw is <7.5 W.
I've got 4 of them.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The Wyze V3 meets the criteria but you'd need to use one of the ways to get the RTSP stream out of it. The mini hacks using self-hosted mode is probably the best way. They're kinda meh in a lot of ways but for something like that should be OK and not much money spent.