smaller clip/alert thumbnails recently?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Am I just getting old (don't answer that), or did the thumbnails in the clips/alerts panel of the Bi console get smaller recently?
I'm on 5.2.9.19, didn't notice when that changed. Can't find any config settings that may control this...
tiny thunmbnails.PNG

I find the thumbnails a bit too small to be useful now. Anyone else notice this or have an opinion?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Try the "zoom in/out" icons at the bottom of the clips list.

1593181595902.jpeg

You are not alone. The icons are small and undocumented in help pdf UI overview (Clip list, layout and filter). I had to ask Ken for help.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris is full of rarely used buttons and functions that often trip people up ;) My favorite is the pause button in the upper right of the video player area. Also accidentally dragging a camera into its own desktop frame behind the main Blue Iris window so you think the camera disappeared.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Blue Iris is full of rarely used buttons and functions that often trip people up ;) My favorite is the pause button in the upper right of the video player area. Also accidentally dragging a camera into its own desktop frame behind the main Blue Iris window so you think the camera disappeared.
Lol, I got hit by the Pause button issue once. It had me thoroughly confused once. I have a second copy of BI that I use as a remote console and I must have clicked on it by mistake. I couldn't figure out why the remote console wasn't updating, but the local console was working fine. I was on the verge of sending an email to Ken and happened to notice the Pause symbol and tried clicking on it, problem solved :banghead:

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used to use the Pause button when I was remoting into a system that had a crappy internet connection.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yup, that was it. I must have clicked the 'ensmallen' button at some point. clicked the 'embiggen' once and it's back to 'normal'... thanx.
(was looking for such a control at the top of the pane - didn't see it at the bottom till you pointed it out)