Smallest Auto-Tracking Camera

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have a small legacy dome camera mounted to the underside of the corner soffit of my front porch in need of upgrading. I was planning on a Dahua 3.8mm dome camera to see more of an overview. An active deterrence camera there doesn't make sense to me, as that is where strangers for legitimate reasons would approach my home. I am considering a dome active deterrence on the back patio as anyone coming there at night would be for nefarious purposes. In any event, for the front porch, what is the smallest auto tracking camera that is offered? My thinking is that would give me the ability to have an overview perspective and closer auto zoom of people coming to the door.

Thanks,

Mike

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
The smallest is most likely the SD49225XA, which is not small, around 11" tall.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy does have the newer PTZ3E405-AI that is made for active deterrence.
I is considerably smaller that the SD49225XA and is not in the same ballpark but is cheaper.

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy does have the newer PTZ3E405-AI that is made for active deterrence.
I is considerably smaller that the SD49225XA and is not in the same ballpark but is cheaper.
According to the specs on empiretech101, the SD49225XA has auto tracking and the PTZ3E405-AI has auto tracking lite. Do you know the difference?

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
PTZ3E405-AI
looney2ns did a review of the PTZ3e405-AI here.

It is a TOY compared to the SD49225XA. I bought one during the last sale and can't complain about it but I have no need for the active deterence. Running color at night is worthless at much distance. IR works great and the IVS rules are nice.
It is designed to track people only.