smart event setup for parking

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,
I'm unable to setup some smart event correctly
let's explain myself: I monitor my residential parking area and whatever i do with my hikvision model DS-2CD2086G2-IU fw V5.5.160 build 210108 it keeps recording long hours of some vehicles that doesn't move
it triggers correctly when the vehicle enters the area (not mine, some neighbour) and after the person leaving the vehicle parked, it keeps recording a long while
the basic event for movement detection is disabled. video tampering is enabled.
smart event - intrusion is enabled, threshold is 0, sensitivity I tried from 20 to 70, target validity is basic.I tried with human detection enabled and disabled, same result (with vehicle disabled, why the heck is recording???)
the max size is all the frame, the min size was like dog size, but i tried also bigger one (bigger than the car parked that stayed triggered for hours
i have also line crossing activated (it works good but even with 5 sec for pre and post record, it misses the pre-record part)
-> ivms-4200 reports that the false triggering (not false, but waaaay oversized in duration) is 'Intrusion Detection Alarm'
tbo, basic event/movement works great, i caught foxes, dosens of cats, dogs, birds.
i think those smart events are not really a good implementation. Why they don't focus on movement detection (which works great) then filtering the selected targets (car/person etcaetera). I don't need to record 2 hours of some parked vehicle or not-moving person. i find their 'loitering' definition weak, as non-english born, i understand loiter as someone who MOVES in some area, not staying still and being recorded, in that logic.
i guess it's not easy to squeeze something good in that tiny firmware and 5W consumption, but if you put there some functionality, it gotta work somehow...
so the question is: what smart ideas do you have in order to monitor my parking area (like 5 cars max in that zone, 2 just in front of that exterior camera and 3 at like 10 meters away). anyone had a working setup for this matter?

Attachments

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
cool, nobody knows
that confirms those entry-level hikvision (but the price is not so low, you can buy some smartphone with much more capabilities and software work done on the product, one order higher in complexity) are just some unfinished products, without blue iris or something serious vca sw, all you got is basic movement detection, so the bill is much higher than you think.
the only sw they implement which works flawlessly is ivms-4500, if you shake 4200 you got error after error in playback, download etc. and this happens in a small network for testing, i can't imagine implement those ip cameras in large scale with multiple locations/vpn etc. apparently no one answers when you report a small or big bug (for example, this camera never record those 5 seconds pre-record time, I loose events - some car just start moving, never see the drive stepping in the car, human detection being activated and more than 1 week for the camera to adjust those fourrier fingerprints. that's a BIG no-no
the sw for me (firmware+app) are debutant work. viewing the amount of camera they sell and the repetitivity of the code they implement, it's pure amatorism.
long live blue iris, but never forget blue iris means another pile of cash
for my part, hikvision should either externalise the fw/sw division, either just do video with the cam and let the nvr"s/bi do the job
you can't tell some client to 'reset' the camera and re-input the cfgs or all other downgrade bshit etcaetera, it's some product that gotta work for 5 years after being configured without a glitch
so for me, 'smart events' are in beta phase for years
like the pub says, 'what do you expect'
[for me, this thread is closed, i just put in my taughts, sorry for my english, i'm french]

KeryaSokol

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I have a something same. When I configure motion detection, set "vehicle" and enable smart event record, my DS-2CD2043G2-I with firmware version V5.5.800 build 210628 are recording Humans and other motion objects. There are different AcuSens realizations (software and hardware). Check this!

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
well, i already saw the acusense story, it's from 2020 or even before. they got more than one year to eliminate false alarms, they can't do it with this hardware or they simply can't do it reliable at all. like others, i tune the camera for months, not satisfied. an old microsoft webcam lifecam usb camera, hd-capable at 25fps perform better with blue iris, but it's 15W more power. never miss a spot.
i was ready to try hikvision nvr's but after the camera experience, nope. i can never recommend such a thing to a customer or friend, they are not it guys like me, redy to try every scenario.
i just bought some new smartphones (moto g9 power and g9 play), for the same price as the hikvision camera i have functional products with stable hardware and good cameras. the only difference is the metal case, ir leds and sensor surface, but compensate largely by other functionalities on smartphones like bluetooth, display etcaetera. i guess they will never patch correctly the software/fw or boost the hw a little bit to do more, that 5W consumption limit will stop them. for the moment, china is not ready to realise a premium product like apple does is more needed by the market, they only think small, let's copy use/de/fr products, let's produce 2 millions of them and sell them to wannabe's cause it's cheap. they don't see the market that apple saw, that's why we dangle on those forums to make the damn thing up/running, but we won't.
sorry for the speech, but i already had enough already with them, i have another post where i revealed a bug in the fw V5.5.800 build 210628 on that ds-2cd2086g2, nobody here take this seriously, so why bother to help them if they offer level 2 support, if a sysadmin reposrts a bug they tell them to reset the camera and reload defaults, they think the guy didn't knew that...

KeryaSokol

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, it`s like a magic spell "The way, how you want to work it, doesn`t exist". I have a conversation with tech-support and then, with developer. So, they answer such as "This function was make for writing logs, another way it is does not works." Nevermind, you need to buy iDS series if you wanna a full AcuSense functional.

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
i forgot to tell, i have motion recordings (triggered correctly by ... motion) and no entry in logs regarding those recordings, pfffff.......
thanks for iDS tip, maybe when i will be decided to sacrifice some $$$ i'll put in balance another hikvision or a well documented professional camera. for what i suspect, dahua must be the same low-cost buggy product

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bonjour
Je vois que vous êtes français , j'utilise ce modèle avec succès G2 pour seconde génération , caméra full color avec IA.

Ce dont il faut faire attention avec l'ia c'est la hauteur de mise en oeuvre de la caméra , de ce que je vois chez vous la caméra est trop proche de la scène à surveiller et pour classifier des objets ce n'est pas évident surtout des véhicules qui vont remplir une grosse partie de l'image.
J'ai de meilleurs résultats avec des caméras DAHUA en plus pas besoin de racheter une nouvelle caméra avec Dahua une MAJ firmware permet d'améliorer l'algo lorsqu'ils sortent une amélioration.

que souhaitez vous surveiller ? présence d'humains ? véhicules ? maraudage ?

1626706243428.png

BICK

beber-k

n3wb
Reaction score
Bonjour
Je vois que vous êtes français , j'utilise ce modèle avec succès G2 pour seconde génération , caméra full color avec IA.

Ce dont il faut faire attention avec l'ia c'est la hauteur de mise en oeuvre de la caméra , de ce que je vois chez vous la caméra est trop proche de la scène à surveiller et pour classifier des objets ce n'est pas évident surtout des véhicules qui vont remplir une grosse partie de l'image.
J'ai de meilleurs résultats avec des caméras DAHUA en plus pas besoin de racheter une nouvelle caméra avec Dahua une MAJ firmware permet d'améliorer l'algo lorsqu'ils sortent une amélioration.

que souhaitez vous surveiller ? présence d'humains ? véhicules ? maraudage ?

View attachment 95579

BICK
merci pour votre aide,
je surveille juste mon auto, et la position de cette camera est decide par la voiture :)
de toute facon, meme avec vehicule et humain coches, la camera enregistre aussi des chiens chats etcaetera...
la prochaine sera une dahua, vue que mes voisins veulent qu'on monte des autres cameras, cette fois ci pour la 'communaute'
mnt, j'habite a l'etranger et c'est les lois d'ici que je dois respecter, l'inclinaison de cette camera esta comme ca pour que les voisins d'en face s'inquietent pas
quelle dahua avez-vous svp?