Smart Pss Issue - (Possible Port Block with my ISP)

aztech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Team, first time poster - Long Time Lurker.

I changed my ISP today and then went to open my Smart PSS and realized all but my Local Devices were offline.
I was lucky I setup my NBN (Australia) on a separate UID port so I plugged back into Port 1 and everything came back online!!!

I checked with my ISP and they said they dont block any ports! They gave me a static IP to see if this would fix the issue, but sadly it did not.

Any thoughts / suggestsions?

Cheers

SMARTPSS ISSUE.png

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Contact your ISP again, It appears you do not have an internet routable address.

"Launtel
We are using a type of CGNAT that actually produces a static address – i.e. the same address each time, both your local address and the address you use on the internet (internal and external). However due to the CGNAT clients cannot connect back into their service. So it is a “static address” in that it is always constant, but not a “static address” in that you can connect back. You could provide that external address to upstream providers if they want to know what address you will connect from (called an ACL), however when they do that they also allowing others that you share your IP address with access, so is not recommended.
We prefer to use the terms CGNAT address and non-CGNAT or Real World Routable address, however if you use the term “static address”, we know what you mean!
"

See - CGNAT and static IP addresses | Launtel

aztech

n3wb
Reaction score
Contact your ISP again, It appears you do not have an internet routable address.

"Launtel
We are using a type of CGNAT that actually produces a static address – i.e. the same address each time, both your local address and the address you use on the internet (internal and external). However due to the CGNAT clients cannot connect back into their service. So it is a “static address” in that it is always constant, but not a “static address” in that you can connect back. You could provide that external address to upstream providers if they want to know what address you will connect from (called an ACL), however when they do that they also allowing others that you share your IP address with access, so is not recommended.
We prefer to use the terms CGNAT address and non-CGNAT or Real World Routable address, however if you use the term “static address”, we know what you mean!
"

See - CGNAT and static IP addresses | Launtel

Hi Valiant - Thanks for your fast reply.
I did set a Static IP address to see if that would fix the issue,
Still no luck......

Any other thoughts?

What is strange is I can use the DMSS app from my mobile on the wifi......

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Read this part carefully

"We are using a type of CGNAT that actually produces a static address – i.e. the same address each time, both your local address and the address you use on the internet (internal and external). However due to the CGNAT clients cannot connect back into their service. So it is a “static address” in that it is always constant, but not a “static address” in that you can connect back "

just contact the ISP and see what they say.