Smart PSS version 1 or 2?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What version of Smart PSS are most people using here and why? I feel the newest US version version 1.6 ( I beleive) is cleaner looking than the international version 2 and works better when connected to a big screen TV with high DPI settings.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
My older version would not support IVS, the newer version does.

teksaport

n3wb
Reaction score
I felt like the US was cleaner than the Intl, but just recently installed Intl because you can change the NVR admin/admin password which you can't seem to do on the US version. My setup is in an office where I can't have others finding and using the default password. Intl allows me to change that password.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I felt like the US was cleaner than the Intl, but just recently installed Intl because you can change the NVR admin/admin password which you can't seem to do on the US version. My setup is in an office where I can't have others finding and using the default password. Intl allows me to change that password.
Do you mean this password?

Attachments

teksaport

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you mean this password?
Nope, that's the user/pass for PSS. I'm talking about the NVR.

In Intl you can change it by right mouse clicking on the sys tray icon, in the US version it's not available to change.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting, I must have missed that while I had it installed.

teksaport

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting, I must have missed that while I had it installed.
Here are a couple of screen shots from the INTL version. So clicking the sys tray icon, then selecting Password Settings, pops up this bigger window. "Level" is there way of saying how strong your password is. I had to pick a bigger pass than my first attempt.

Capture0.PNG Capture1.PNG

I am about to switch back to US version through. When I've been watching playback and bouncing back and forth between motion detection times, the NVR stops letting me connect, gives some weird error about NETDVR something and finally comes back after 2-3 min. So it's not fully better than the US, as the US never did that.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh ok, you are referring to the PC nvr software. I'm using an independent nvr I guess that's why I was confused :)