SmartPSS 2.02.0 - No Video Displayed

uxu

n3wb
Reaction score
I just set up a new Dahua NVR4208-8P-4KS2 and when I'm logged in locally, I can see all the cameras and control the system as intended.

When I use SmartPSS 2.02.0 - I can remotely connect using my Win10 machine and can see the NVR... but none of the video streams are appearing. Is there a setting I might be overlooking someplace to enable remote monitoring via the SmartPSS application?

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I first set up SmartPSS I added the cameras but not the NVR. I could not access feeds. After adding the NVR as well, I was able to see the feeds in both live view and playback. I did not have to enable a separate remote monitoring tab/button.

Reactions: uxu

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running version 2.01.1 and see the camera feeds ok. The only device I added to SmartPSS is the NVR. The cameras then appear under the NVR, which is the "Defaul Group".

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need to shut down smart pss and reboot the pc that your are using. I also see this same problem sometimes when my local internet connection is spoty, like when I'm using a hotspot for my laptop. The recorder shows that its logged in but you can't select any cams. Try going to the device menu and logging out then logging back in also.
We have been using smart pss versions for quite a few years now and started using the old version of pss when we started our company. Each version has its own glitches that you become used too.

patrickmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Same problem with an XVR5108 for a while.
I don't think that the DVR'model is important. Iguess that it should be a problem of windows or PC video card configuration.
I have had a similar problem with other CCTV apps but I'm still unable to solve it.
If you solved it, please post the right way.
Thx

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same problem here both computers are using integrated Intel HD graphics. Playing video with VLC or YouTube no problem at all only smart pss refuses to play the video stream. I am suspecting the integrated graphics.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today I installed an el cheapo Geforce 710 GT 1 GB in my Core i7-4790K machine and disabled the internal video chip and guess what: smart PSS now shows all the streams perfectly without the strange black screen with the text "searching video". So the problem is the HD graphics. Also I have the same problem with a computer using an I5-3570K computer and also NO image only black screen with the text "searching video..." Both CPU's use the same video chip HD 4000.

patrickmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
If I remember well, I solved a similar problem bu restoring directX original settings (canceling apps custom settings).

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could you tell me what the changes are, maybe I should try restoring the original DirectX settings.

urbang

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, i have same problem, point is i have connected 10 NVR+s from Dahua to Smart PSS, but only biggest NVR with 24ports is making me headache with video searching. If i go to web service, all works perfect. Like i said all other 9 NVR's are 8 port's and all working fine. So somehow should be correlated with some codecs or something? Can you help me how can i solve this matter?In attached pictures you can see 10 NVR's . First has 20 cameras connected and not working ( video searching).

Attachments

Last edited:

wilcor83

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved, turned off the Intel HD graphics 3d opions. See screenshots.
I have disabled them but the problem persist :(, does anyone have the solution for this problem , im very disappointment with this program.

stefaand

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I solved it.
I have clicked on each device settings and filled in my username and password again.
And then the devices come online and the live view works again.

Solved

wilcor83

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one NVR and 4 cameras, when I add the NVR I can't see any of the cameras. But if I add one by one (without the NVR) I can see them.

Bilal.M

n3wb
Reaction score
I just set up a new Dahua NVR4208-8P-4KS2 and when I'm logged in locally, I can see all the cameras and control the system as intended.

When I use SmartPSS 2.02.0 - I can remotely connect using my Win10 machine and can see the NVR... but none of the video streams are appearing. Is there a setting I might be overlooking someplace to enable remote monitoring via the SmartPSS application?
Dahwa nvr add smartpss show online but no view

JaJe

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as urbang

It's a laptop with integrated GPU from Intel, Xe Iris and no dedicated GPU.
I have nowhere to disable Intel HD graphics 3D as there is no option for that (Windows 11 Pro)

I have updated to the latest version of Iris Xe and the issue still persist. Anyone have an Ideea? On other devices I don't have this issue and I only have added a NVR with 3 devices.
Connectivity is online but no image.

JaJe

n3wb
Reaction score
I come back with a fix for the problem if someone else have this issue.
Basically my issue was having Windows 11 N Pro edition, the N edition do not contain the media feature pack. I fixed by installing the optional media feature pack from settings > system > optional features > view features > search for media feature pack and install.

Hope that helps!