SmartPSS crashes on any playback

tacokill

n3wb
Reaction score
I have dug through these forums for a couple of days but haven't come across my issue. I use SmartPSS to view my NVR4216-4KS2 NVR. Cameras and live video all work fine. Recording works fine for all of the cameras. I have a mix of (9) cameras, some H.264 and other H.265. I run win10 64 and am current with updates

However, when I use SmartPSS to playback no matter which camera or date I search, SmartPSS immediately crashes. As soon as I hit the search button for the date, the application abruptly shuts down. I have tried reinstalling and that doesn't help. It's an odd problem because as far as I can tell, all of the other features work on SmartPSS and the NVR itself. I can view live feeds (sub and main) all day long but as soon as I try to playback via SmartPSS, it crashes. Oddly, I can login to the NVR web itself and search/review video just fine so that's how I know video is recording fine.

I think my problem is on the SmartPSS end but I am not sure how to start diagnosing what is going on and why. Has anyone else run into this problem?

tacokill

n3wb
Reaction score
The fix was to uninstall/remove all signs of SmartPSS from C: and from the registry.
Once reinstalled, SmartPSS works fine for searching and playback.

zzzflyer

n3wb
Reaction score
thank you for the solution.
I'm having a similar issue, can view playback's but after a few cameras the PC-NVR service crashes on the server and comes back byitself after a few minutes. You did the clean
uninstall/install on the server side?
I'm running the latest x64 bit version on a win 10 pro installed directly to a dell r720 edge , 64gb ram, 2 xeon cpu
10tb raid. Will try your solution

zzzflyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Something I just noticed, The client version and PC hardware can make the diference, as I tried on a diferent PC and the server did not crash, this doesn't make sense and does at the same time. Coulod it be the client PC that due to some performance or other issues when it calls the stream that causes the remote crash? The truth is that yesterday on a Intel I9 client PC had no server issues when using playbeack heavily. Hope this helps someone. Still monitoring the situation anyway.

fatjoez

n3wb
Reaction score
The fix was to uninstall/remove all signs of SmartPSS from C: and from the registry.
Once reinstalled, SmartPSS works fine for searching and playback.
Hello everyone I fixed this with help of this post. For me the issue was related to my SMARTPSS configuration somehow.
When I uninstalled & reinstalled the application one time, I restored my SmartPSS config and it crashed again on playback.

Next time I uninstalled Smart PSS
I deleted ALL the program files folder (search for "Smart Professional Surveillance System" and also "SmartPSS" & delete everything on your computer)
I reinstall SmartPSS (64bit version I can't find any link for the 32bit that some people talk about)
I DID NOT install the PC-NVR application, just SmartPSS

After this I DID restore "DEVICES" xml file to import my cameras but I did NOT restore my config.

Then I try playback camera & it work OK. Not crash.

Hope this help someone