SmartPSS + Win11 > Cant display "Liveview" on Third Monitor (glitched/vid feed disappears)

aforum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Windows 11 PC with 3 monitor ports (Two HDMI 2.0 / 4K/60Hz, and one "Display Port V1.4).
I connected 3 monitors, each with their own cord/port, and this PC can handle displaying something different on each monitor.

In SmartPSS > I added a Liveview(1) window on Monitor 1 > and 9 cam feeds = works.
I added Liveview(2) window on Monitor 2 > 9 different cam feeds = works.

When I add a Liveview(3) window on Monitor 1, it works (9 cam feeds show),
  • 1) if I drag Liveview(3) window to Monitor 3 (or press Win+Shift+Arrow key) > then the feeds freeze or disappear from the window frame.
    • 1b) I also see the Title bar display the active kbps of each feed, just not the video feed (it's an empty white or gray box).
    • 1c) And if I dont Maximize Liveview(3) but try to change camera feeds to other channels, then the feeds glitch/turn empty.
Screenshot (30) edit.png
  • 2) I also tried making the big Monitor 3 as the “Main” monitor in Windows setting. Now it can display 9 video feeds correctly. But if I drag a Liveview window back to Monitor 1, the feeds disappear. So it's like SmartPSS cant display 3 Liveviews on different monitors.
What is wrong? Please help, Ty.

Info:
  • New PC came with Windows 11, 64bit pro. Cant change OS.
  • SmartPSS v 2.003.0000001.1 (from 2020)
  • Connected using Ethernet.

Question 2) Why isnt SmartPSS supported or updated anymore for Windows?
  1. I checked for the most recent version of SmartPSS before installing it on Win11. Could not find anything newer than 2020.
  2. Dahua even removed the official Windows download link, but kept the Mac link. (DahuaWiki)
  3. How is it "professional" to remove the Windows link and not even update for 4 years?? (I want to get another Dahua NVR, but cant until SmartPSS works for Win11 and other bugs fixed.)

Question 3) I thought there was a SmartPSS subforum?

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SmartPSS will no longer have any further developments. SmartPSS Lite support

aforum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. 1) Whats the difference (with Lite) and why are they discontinuing Smart?
2) Which official program is free to me, allows me to change NVR settings, and do playback?

I see there is "DSS professional" and "DSS express" now. They have too many program names. Where is the glossary that says what each does?

Last edited:

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its 64 channels only, does not really let you do much, live view, playback, web browse to your device. This will allow you to do what you need but again, settings of NVR all done through web.

Discontinuing because they would rather milk users for extra paid licenses after 64 channels on DSS Express. Also most users of SmartPSS wont be running a server to have a good experience with Express or Pro.

DSS Pro requires licenses per channel, no free channels.

Search for Dahua DSS Comparison PDF on google you will find the featues of the DSS Versions.

Stick with Lite unless you have more than 64 ch

aforum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I was finally able to setup Smart LITE. I have 3 monitors. But the dumb program only lets me make 2 liveview windows MAX. What is this restrictive BS?
  1. Which free and modern Dahua cam viewer will let me spawn 3 liveview windows on a PC (specifically Windows11)? (I dont need server or Attendance; only need Liveview, Playback, and Device config.)
    1. SmartPSS is buggy on win11, and 3rd monitor display fails (even when running it as Win8 or 10 mode).
    2. SmartLite wont let me make 3 live windows.

• Using Smart LITE > Liveview 1 has 17 cam feeds.
  • Liveview 2 (another XVR) has 16 cam feeds. So less than 64 feeds total.
  • But if I drag any SmartLITE window onto monitor 3, and click Home, and click "Live view" (to spawn another Liveview window), it merely pops-up or switches to the "Liveview(1)" window (which is already on monitor 1 or 2).
  • So how can I spawn a 3rd live window?