(SMS) Text Message Alarm for Android phone??

Reaction score
Long story short:
I need my phone to fire a loud alarm when it receives a keyword by text but I think my Samsung Note 5 doesn't allow apps to manipulate incoming text messages, so it can't pickup keywords.

Long story long:
My very trusty Blue Iris sends me text messages and emails if there is motion inside the warehouse outside of business hours. On my Samsung Note 5 I have tried every available Google Play app for SMS Alarm, firealert, pager and etc to attempt to have my phone make a very loud alarm so that I may respond. (Except the paid ones)... I am willing to pay, I just don't think it will work with Note 5.

I will buy a new cell phone, I will even downgrade my phone because honestly a Note 5 is too much for me anyway. I will do anything to get my phone to respond violently to keywords from my Blue Iris Alarm System.

Thanks for knowledge

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
might try something like Pushover, you can send messages to a special email and it'll push it to your phone instantly and you can configure alerts sounds for individual pushes..

If pushover support got added directly to BlueIris you could have even more functionality; might be worth requesting

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Long story short:
I need my phone to fire a loud alarm when it receives a keyword by text but I think my Samsung Note 5 doesn't allow apps to manipulate incoming text messages, so it can't pickup keywords.
Another app that may be able to do what you want is Macrodroid, available from Google Play. I use one of Macrodroid's built in macros to locate a lost or misplaced phone. How it works is send a text message containing a particular word or phrase (WHEREAREYOU in this case) to a phone with Macrodroid on it and the particular macro active and that phone responds with a text message containing the GPS coordinates of its current location. I'm guessing that the action could be modified to rather than sending a text message reply, set off an alarm instead. The "Request location" macro consists of a Trigger (SMS received containing specified phrase) and an Action (share location via SMS to incoming SMS number). A different action may be able to accomplish what you want. One potentially useful Action available is Notification Sound.

Reaction score
Solution: Install Google Messenger (instead of the default Messages app) on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and all the free SMS messaging apps work. It works both with SMS and email based text messages to fire an alarm making Blue Iris a terrific alarm system!