Software Verification

runde2

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to use blue iris but I want to be sure that it will work with my OS X 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 processor. Does anyone have feedback on this?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its windows software, so unless you wipe out OSX and install windows... no

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IMHO, The best option for Apple households is a Dahua NVR and Cameras, they have a native OSX App that works well for viewing the camera and accessing the NVR..

Sandpipper

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an option you can use for OS X - it will work but takes some additional work. You can install Parallels Desktop for OS X. Then, as a guess system install Windows XP or 7. After that, Blue Iris will run just fine and if you select full screen for the windows guest you will have a hard time noticing the difference from a native windows system. I currently use this solution for my Mac.

The down side is you may need to learn a bit more about your Mac and it will cost $ 69 USD for Parallels (ordered from Amazon). There is also the cost of a Windows license for someplace. You can import a system image from an old Windows system if you have one or pick up an OEM version form one of the sellers on e-bay.

If you run Parallels you can also install free copies of Linux to play with or use for various tasks. My Mac currently runs OS X 10.10, windows XP and a copy of ubuntu Linux - all at the same time.

On the other hand. If you don't like to tinker with systems or feel a bit challenged in that area, then, the other posters suggestions are a good route to follow. Good luck with your project.