Solution for Dahua VTO 2202f-p lack of chime

Gros225

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a solution to chime or integration with Alexa for this doorbell camera. Image is great but the lack of chime is a huge downside. Any ideas that does not require soldering or advanced coding? Thanks!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
just buy a real doorbell...

most will will take the 433 or a phycal button push

Reaction score
Just an option... This is how I ring a chime with my motion detection on VTO2311:

Home Assistant can receive MQTT messages from Blue Iris and play media on any supported media player.

Reaction score
I also meant to add:

My particular doorbell does not have PIR, so I actually like the option of having Blue Iris trigger a motion-detected
chime even when the doorbell button is not pressed, because most delivery drivers do not press doorbell or even
knock anymore.

To be honest, since I installed a video doorbell I have noticed that nobody seems to "ring" the doorbell anymore.
They either knock or typically just stand there. It is as if they assume with a video doorbell that their presence has
been detected.

Lastly, don't forget that the accessory VTH monitors will "ring" if the doorbell button is pressed.

oxyram

n3wb
Reaction score
Can enyone help me with with VTO-2311R motion detection recording on DAHUA NVR5432-4KS2 NVR. So i have live video, but the triger is not workig. Does enyone have the same problem?
Tnx

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can enyone help me with with VTO-2311R motion detection recording on DAHUA NVR5432-4KS2 NVR. So i have live video, but the triger is not workig. Does enyone have the same problem?
Tnx
Dahua VTO devices cannot do motion detection. Its blocked in the firmware.

You need a NVR which can do AI itself for the channel. Newer NVRs are able to do it for 4 channels.

oxyram

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua VTO devices cannot do motion detection. Its blocked in the firmware.

You need a NVR which can do AI itself for the channel. Newer NVRs are able to do it for 4 channels.
Tnx for reply,
As i see NVR5432-4KS2 has 1 AI channel so i will try to set it thru ai chn.
I need to by another door bell. Is there dahua door bell with motion detection enabled by FW?

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tnx for reply,
As i see NVR5432-4KS2 has 1 AI channel so i will try to set it thru ai chn.
I need to by another door bell. Is there dahua door bell with motion detection enabled by FW?
all dahua vto are the same, so no motion detection.