Solution: Lorex NVR monitor signal issue

Reaction score
We had a longstanding issue with our Lorex NR900X NVR where we could not see any thing when plugging in a monitor. Did not matter if we used VGA or HDMI connection. This makes it really hard to do anything with the device -- for example, the only way to do a factory reset or configure new cameras via the on screen manuals.

The super secret solution which is not documented anywhere is to hold down the "Fn" button until the device reboots. This apparently resets the monitor resolution.

I have no idea why this little nugget of info is not on the manual.

And it took the Level 1 support person 30(!) minutes before they suggested this tip.

Sigh.

Our specific model number is Model: NVR9008X-N, but I'm sure this applies to any NV900X series device.

Regards,

SJ

hovzub

n3wb
Reaction score
We had a longstanding issue with our Lorex NR900X NVR where we could not see any thing when plugging in a monitor. Did not matter if we used VGA or HDMI connection. This makes it really hard to do anything with the device -- for example, the only way to do a factory reset or configure new cameras via the on screen manuals.

The super secret solution which is not documented anywhere is to hold down the "Fn" button until the device reboots. This apparently resets the monitor resolution.

I have no idea why this little nugget of info is not on the manual.

And it took the Level 1 support person 30(!) minutes before they suggested this tip.

Sigh.

Our specific model number is Model: NVR9008X-N, but I'm sure this applies to any NV900X series device.

Regards,

SJ

Hey,

This is confirmed, it worked!

I'm usually an internet lurker just finding solutions that other people have went through, but this one had me stumped really bad, so I made an account just to say thank you and it worked! I spent about 8 hours moving monitors around trying to get the NVR to connect to a monitor and nothing would work. I changed the resolution to something that was higher than the monitor supported and I couldn't do anything to fix it because I couldn't access the main menu from any monitor sense I changed the resolution from the NVR to a higher resolution that did not support any monitor I had. I just needed to know how to reset the resolution straight from the NVR because I can't fix anything with no menu screen.