*Solved* Need help with boobie cam browser plugin

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OMG, after spending literally 3 hours, I still can't get any plugin to work for this cam. I've tried 4 browsers (Chrome, Edge (in IE mode too), Firefox, Brave). Absolutely none of them will load/install the plugin.

The best I got in Chrome was it opening up another window requesting an additional login to the camera--which didn't work.

I'm not new at this, I've got 6 other Dahua's (Andy cams) and running BI for a year...

In Firefox, it actually downloads an .exe file, which will run, but does nothing. I can't find that it installed a plugin file anywhere. Closing/restarting does nothing. All other browsers go to the Chrome store for the plugin.

Any suggestions?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're on Win10 use Internet Explorer. It's still available in Win10. If not try Pale Moon browser in the 32 bit version.

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Holy mother of all that is......... (#$(&

Ok, finally really really forced IE to run, and was able to get the plugin to install and run, so I can see the images now.

Forgot to say that I was trying to force Edge into compatibility mode, which it obviously wasn't doing, but somehow (afte trying before) managed to get IE to run this time...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Edge in compatibility mode won't work. Dahua cameras are very sensitive to what browser is used. They are slowly updating that, but older cameras will still need IE or Pale Moon 32 bit. I keep shortcuts to each on my tool bar in Win10.