[SOLVED] No alerts with continous recording + MQTT triggers

Reaction score
I'm struggling to understand how to have alerts show up. I have connected BlueIris to an MQTT broker, and BlurIris is successfully pulling messages off the BlueIris/admin topic. I think I have a misunderstanding of what alerts are and I'm hoping to find some help

My issue is that when I trigger a camera via placing a message on the BlueIris/admin topic, BlueIris successfully triggers, but I do not see an alert in the alerts list. I have the camera set to record continously.

To trigger the camera, the payload of the message I'm using is: camera=AlleyNorth&trigger=1 where AlleyNorth is the name of the camera. This successfully triggers the camera - within BlueIris the camera has a red outline placed around the feed, and the red lightning bolt icon appears in the top right of the camera's view (01_triggered_camera.png)

I've also tried using payloads of camera=AlleyNorth&flagalert=1&memo=incoming_event as well as camera=AlleyNorth&alerts=1 and camera=AlleyNorth&alerts=2

I've attached screenshots showing my setup, please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide.

01_triggered_camera.png -> shows what I see in BlueIris after triggering the camera with the camera=AlleyNorth&trigger=1 payload on the BlueIris/admin topic in MQTT

02_camera_trigger_tab.png -> shows the Trigger tab setup for the camera

03_camera_alert_tab.png -> shows the Alert tab setup for the camera

04_camera_record_tab.png -> shows the Record tab setup for the camera

05_alerts_list.png -> shows an empty alerts list. My goal is to have a list of alerts, with screenshot, populated here

Any ideas? My goal here is to have the triggers/alerts that come in via MQTT show up in the Alerts list in BlueIris

Attachments

Reaction score
I sent an email to support and Ken got me set in the right direction - I needed to modify the payload in the message sent to MQTT, and check the Extern box on the Alerts tab for the camera in BlueIris. Now it's working like a charm!

For reference, the payload of the message I was putting on the queue was: camera=AlleyNorth&trigger=1 what I changed it to at the suggestion of Ken was camera=AlleyNorth&trigger. I didn't know that the =1 is a MOTION trigger. Super slick!

1686871728458.png