(SOLVED) PTZ not working on BI

mraidas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
been banging my head to the wall for the week with fixing PTZ control. I's not working in BI software.

I have no problems using my DHI-NKB 1000 keyboard over PoE Switch (DH-PFS3110-9ET-96) and NVR (DHI-NVR5216-8P-4KS2E) controlling my DH-SD8A840WA-HNF ( Version: V2.810.0000003.5.R) camera but not in the BI :(

Not sure where I'm wrong and what the issue :( ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :oops:;)

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the make and model in the camera configuration options in BI? I have an older PTZ that I had to change options to a different make or model to get ptz to work.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a joystick with BI but did find some info in BI's Help that maybe will.....Help!

Go to "More Options" ==>> "Joystick". Note that in the Help example the box is populated with "CH Products IPD Launch"
Your screenshot shows no such similar device in that box.

In the DahuaWiki at "How to Setup NKB1000 over Network", under the "Prerequisites" it requires that the device must be configured with the IP of the "...NVR, DVR, or SD ptz camera on the network."

I'm thinking that until your device appears in BI's drop-menu on the "Joystick" tab that it's not going to work. If I understand correctly, you don't have a NVR but are operating the PTZ using a POE switch and streaming video to a BI PC....so would the IP of your BI server go into the configuration of the keyboard? :idk:

mraidas

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a joystick with BI but did find some info in BI's Help that maybe will.....Help!

Go to "More Options" ==>> "Joystick". Note that in the Help example the box is populated with "CH Products IPD Launch"
Your screenshot shows no such similar device in that box.

In the DahuaWiki at "How to Setup NKB1000 over Network", under the "Prerequisites" it requires that the device must be configured with the IP of the "...NVR, DVR, or SD ptz camera on the network."

I'm thinking that until your device appears in BI's drop-menu on the "Joystick" tab that it's not going to work. If I understand correctly, you don't have a NVR but are operating the PTZ using a POE switch and streaming video to a BI PC....so would the IP of your BI server go into the configuration of the keyboard? :idk:
Hi TonyR,

Thank you for your replay.

If I understand correctly, you don't have a NVR but are operating the PTZ using a POE switch and streaming video to a BI PC....so would the IP of your BI server go into the configuration of the keyboard? :idk:

I have configured my Joystick over my network and it is working great with my NVR connected which is connected via PoE Switch device I'm streaming to BI PC or I'm watching with no delay on my TV.

BI IP to go to my Joystick... I have same IP address in my keyboard as it is in BI video camera configuration :(

Last edited:

mraidas

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried changing the make and model in the camera configuration options in BI? I have an older PTZ that I had to change options to a different make or model to get ptz to work.
Hi gwminor48

I tryed couple but doesn't seem work, I'm loosing my camera as it is then. Strange that there is no Dahua PZ camera big camera s to choose from... I'm still thinking I'm doing something wrong in BI cos on my network Joystick is working :(

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi gwminor48

I tryed couple but doesn't seem work, I'm loosing my camera as it is then. Strange that there is no Dahua PZ camera big camera s to choose from... I'm still thinking I'm doing something wrong in BI cos on my network Joystick is working :(
If no joy (sorry!) regarding the BI IP, what about a different selection here?

PTZ_092720.jpg

mraidas

n3wb
Reaction score
If no joy (sorry!) regarding the BI IP, what about a different selection here?

View attachment 71466
Let me see.. be back shortly :) thank you... just tried all Dahua but did not work will try other...tryed all Sony, PTZoptics, .. and many others doesn't seem work :(

I also just tried to connect my joystick from NVR to the switch and it is working just find to control PTZ cam as if it connected to my NVR. BI still not catching it :(

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,
been banging my head to the wall for the week with fixing PTZ control. I's not working in BI software.

I have no problems using my DHI-NKB 1000 keyboard over PoE Switch (DH-PFS3110-9ET-96) and NVR (DHI-NVR5216-8P-4KS2E) controlling my DH-SD8A840WA-HNF ( Version: V2.810.0000003.5.R) camera but not in the BI :(

Not sure where I'm wrong and what the issue :( ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :oops:;)
I'm pretty certain that the IP joystick controller will not interact with BI in any way.
But, if properly setup, you should still be able to use BI to control the PTZ camera.
In the BI PTZ setup, change from ONVIF to Dahua New.
That would be in addition to the network joystick you have, not in conjunction with it. IE: It would be two separate ways to control the PTZ.
On the Joystick tab in BI, uncheck Enable directinput joystick....
Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

mraidas

n3wb
Reaction score
Goo morning looney2ns,

Thank you for your input. It helped. But first I have to change in video setup to change camera make from ONVIF to Dahua IPC-A35 RTP even I'm using a different Dahua PTZ camera (not sure if it effects other cameras parameters by changing?) and then in PTZ/Control changed Network IP to Dahua New V4 and then BI PTZ control start working. Thank you :)

Any ideas how to unbrick NVR ? :D