[SOLVED] UI3 live view low FRPs

RClegg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently setup a BlueIRIS server to run some IP cameras at home. My setup is as follows:

Server:
Motherboard: Intel S2600IP Workstation
CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2680v2
RAM: 16GB ECC RAM @ 1333
GPU: Onboard
HDD: 8TB HDD

Network
Switch:
Ubiquity US 24 POE 250w
Cabling: Cat 6

Cameras:
2 x Hikvision IP cameras - 1080P H.264

The Problem:

Viewing the cameras in BlueIRIS UI3, my frame rates are never above 6FPS. When I open up a single camera in the interface, the FPS shoot up to 25 FPS no issues. I also have the iOS app and that seems fine with the cameras, not noticing any issues there.
I've looked at other posts about this issue from 2018 and am not able to find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
The FPS for UI3 is set from the BI main window (not UI3) by clicking the gear icon in the top right of the window, next to the Group pull down. This will bring up a Group View menu. Under Webcasting, first line from top on the right is the Default MAX FPS setting.

Realize two things. This is set for each camera group you have. Also, as you increase the FPS here, if the PC you are using UI3 to view your displays does not have enough compute power, you will get lag/freezing. I have this issue on my office PC that is only an i7-3770k. So I have left it at 5FPS.

RClegg

n3wb
Reaction score
The FPS for UI3 is set from the BI main window (not UI3) by clicking the gear icon in the top right of the window, next to the Group pull down. This will bring up a Group View menu. Under Webcasting, first line from top on the right is the Default MAX FPS setting.

Realize two things. This is set for each camera group you have. Also, as you increase the FPS here, if the PC you are using UI3 to view your displays does not have enough compute power, you will get lag/freezing. I have this issue on my office PC that is only an i7-3770k. So I have left it at 5FPS.
Not sure how I missed that. This solved my issue, now running the group FRPS at 20frps without any issue. Much better! :D Thanks!