Some configuration questions after I RTFM !!

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all,

As you may know I have just connected 5 HIk cams to a Hik NVR. See thread here for teething troubles :)

Now that I have them up and running, its time for some fine-tuning. Setting up recording schedules, motion detection etc etc. So, I downloaded the User Guide for the IP cams and went through it all morning !

First things first.

Hardware:
5 x Hik DS-2CD2335-I firmware 5.3.3
NVR: Hik 7616NI E2/8P

Software
iVMS-4200 version 2.3.1.3
iVMS-4500 (iOS) version 4.2.2

I am currently accessing both the camera and NVR web GUI's via Firefox by changing my desktop's IP and subnet to be on same as of cams.

I can see that a lot of settings are available across both NVR and camera Configuration pages ... Mainly motion detection. I setup motion detection for one of the cams, but when I went to the NVR configuration page for motion detection, nothing was set-up there !

So, where should I set-up motion detection - individually in all cameras and/or NVR ?

Some other questions:

What does Record File Size mean ?

In what situation would I need PPoe or DDNS ?

Is it worthwhile to enable https for home environment. Has anyone done it ? Costs involved in certification etc ?

Does anyone use ezviz regularly ? How did you find it ?

ROI Region of Interest setting. Manual says 4 regions can be set. But cam web GUI shows only 1

Day/night scheduled switch
Do you set it to scheduled or auto ? Mine's currently set to Auto

Should HDD info be visible from camera configuration page (Advanced configuration > Storage > Storage Management) or only nvr

configuration page ? I have one 6TB HDD in NVR (WD Purple. Will be adding another 4TB soon. Toral of 10TB)

Pre-record and Post-record
I have set Pre-record interval to 30s and Post-record to 1m. Are these numbers OK ?

Why would I need event triggered snapshot, when I have full event triggered video and I can take snapshot from video ??

Where would I use SNMP ?

If you are up for it, here are some screenshots of the settings from CAMERA WEB GUI