Somebody in the backyard

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Came back home, back gate was open... he was checking doors...

Timelapse (you see him checking the door of the shed):

Called the police, give them description, they came to check the footage and they took a print to try to identify him.

Went home 10min after the video... Too bad my 2032 is not installed yet!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, that's fuggin scary, but then that is why I enable motion detection even at night when I am home. I want to know if someone even comes into the yard let alone screws with anything.

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
We are near a subway station, the guy is probably looking for a bike to get home... My neighbor left his bike out once and it got stolen.

Police did not fill a report, but they took a print of the picture and they went looking around the neighborhood.

Personally I am ok, it is more my wife, she feel not safe anymore. She could not fall asleep.

I was waiting to buy my new ladder to install the 2032 in front, but I was tempted to install it in the back Thursday... I was like, nah, nothing happens in the back... Should have install it! lol

Spaceboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe you should put a really bright motion light out there... Our alley is full of them... Hopefully it's not close to your bedroom window... That would get annoying when trying to sleep, but if it's in the back of the house or on a shed it would be nice... Should do the trick and make them walk away faster. Damn zombies

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not only creepy to see what goes on outside, but it's just as creepy to know what's been going on before you could see with cameras. There's a lot of rats scurrying around at night and plenty of them only have two legs. Your property isn't covered until you truly have no blind spots. And action isn't recorded unless you're recording. But I think your footage was good. Certainly enough to help take one more rat 'out of the picture'.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I was waiting to buy my new ladder to install the 2032 in front, but I was tempted to install it in the back Thursday... I was like, nah, nothing happens in the back... Should have install it! lol
I recently enabled 24/7 recording on a handful of sub streams, and just a few days later was rewarded with video of a neighbor kid running sock-footed through my front and back yards so fast (chasing a cat) that my motion detection only managed to trigger when he knelt down by a car to look under it. He was a teenager, not exactly small, so I'm thinking the speed must have fooled the object detect/reject requirement. People walking get recorded just fine. FYI don't do 8 hour cuts for continuous record. Makes it excessively difficult to seek through the video with any kind of precision.

Wow, that's fuggin scary, but then that is why I enable motion detection even at night when I am home. I want to know if someone even comes into the yard let alone screws with anything.
Yeah, me too.

Maybe you should put a really bright motion light out there... Our alley is full of them... Hopefully it's not close to your bedroom window... That would get annoying when trying to sleep, but if it's in the back of the house or on a shed it would be nice... Should do the trick and make them walk away faster. Damn zombies
Yeah, a bright motion detector light is great to have. Mine is very old and blind in the front; probably time to replace it. Those things always startle me when they come on, so I have to imagine if I was a crook, up to no good, I would just about make me jump out of my skin if suddenly I was blinded by a light in someone else's yard where I had no business being.

It is amazing how people don't even see the cameras though I think you would all admit they are pretty obvious if you saw a picture of my house. They won't miss a spotlight in their face though!

Ecko404

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I do 12h segment, 30fps but 1 image every sec recording, so its fast to go trough the recording to find something.

I don't want a motion detector light, I need to be able to open and close the light from inside.

I have another 2032 on the way, and this is how it's going to look in the driveway/front door. [Took the picture with my DS-2CD2432F-I(W), 4mm]

Cam1.20140603_175952_1a.jpg