Soundbar remote interacting with my Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P

novelwolf

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,

My new Klipextreme KSB-210 Soundbar remote is communicating with my Hikvision NVR. The model is DS-7608NI-I2-8P. It opens the playback screen on the cameras when I press the volume down button. It's the only button that causes it.

The soundbar is on the top shelf with the TV and the NVR is on the 3rd shelf.

Does the DS-7608NI-I2-8P have some kind of IR receiver? I cant understand how this communication is happening. If it has one, where is it located?

Is there some way to disable this on the NVR?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It does have an IR rcvr, typically located somewhere in the front of the unit. Sometimes easy to find by shining a flashlight into the front.
Shortcut fix is to block the front of the NVR.
Another option is to change the IR device ID of the NVR by following the manual instructions, page 18.
Change ID then test with the soundbar remote.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
On quick search looks like it does have an IR receiver. Likely what's happening I'd think.

Does the soundbar have manual button(s) for the volume function? If so, try that. If no effect, then you know. Or put something in front of the NVR to block any IR to test.

novelwolf

n3wb
Reaction score
On quick search looks like it does have an IR receiver. Likely what's happening I'd think.

Does the soundbar have manual button(s) for the volume function? If so, try that. If no effect, then you know. Or put something in front of the NVR to block any IR to test.
ok, i put cardboard to cover the entire front of the NVR and it stopped! So yes seemed there is something there. Yes the soundbar has manual volume controls which work.
Thanks