Space might be hard but so is DHL and ontrac delivery

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ordered 3 mini ptz cameras. The package arrived in LA around Thanksgiving. Then shipped to Sacramento. Signed up for every notification option DHL had. Two days after they tried to deliver one time with no note on door I got a text message that said they handed it over to ontrac for delivery. The nearest ontrac facility is 200 miles away. One package that weighs one pound. Even if they are small it seems like 3 of them would weigh more than one pound.

I hope the driver is able to deliver this time. Lousy notification system compared to UPS and FedX. I would think a german company like DHL would have a better tracking and realtime notification system. Whatever money I might have saved has been wasted taking vacation days from work. No more DHL for me.

Tom

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too was disappointed in DHL's service. Some delay is on Monica, and it turns out she (or whoever shipped it) indeed left a letter off my street address, which caused DHL to skip my designated delivery time. Mind you, a 5 year old child could have figured out the address, but the DHL delivery driver? No. It was akin to this: 115 Franciscblvd. Of course, it's Francisco Blvd. So I was annoyed the driver made no effort to even look up a map. This resulted in a two day delay, even after I caught the error moments after it happened (I got a text and email notice) and called DHL to correct the address. Any other service would have contacted the driver in situ, and a delivery attempt would be made as he completed the local route-not DHL. Guy on phone told me it would be delivered tomorrow, and that was that. Next day, I get a notice it has moved back to S.F. and sits. No 'out for delivery', so I call again, and was told it was moved to an 'Investigations' depot, has been updated with corrected address and would be delivered next day. Lousy service, compared to all current offerings by competitors.

edit: actually, I think OnTrac could be worse...I strongly suspect driver stole my original Hikvision camera delivered by USPS, as it sat on my porch. USPS showed delivered, I had a delivery later from OnTrac, which was the only delvery on my porch that day. No one here steals anything, and it's not an area easily accessed by the public. Jennifer from Wrightwood promptly shipped a new cam, I assume at her loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I was pretty happy with DHL service I've used twice from Monica, except the second time they charged me import duty, bastards! :)

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I payed about $500 for 3 Huisun mini ptzs and according to the Ontrac web site there is one package to be delivered that weighs 1 pound. So if I am lucky I will get one camera. I hope Amazon buys DHL and then uses drones to deliver packages.

Tom

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Checked the "OFF"trac (ontrac.com) web site a few minutes ago. It says delivery attempt made, nobody home, door tag ####. I was within 10 feet of the door, watching my gate security cameras on 50" HDTV all the time. Nobody knocked on door, no door tag, no vehicle stopped in front. Reviewed security cameras, nothing. I find it strange that I can type my address into google maps and it shows my front door but a shipping company can't find the place. On hold with customer support last 30 minutes. The only thing that makes me happy is they have to drive 200 miles each way to make a failed delivery of a one pound package on their dime.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I bought two, so it must have been full amount.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's called "lazy delivery drives". They just drop the box with a neighbor and leave. Don't even try to look for your house. FedEx did that to me a few times. My cameras catch them lying. Those drives don't last too long.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
DHL doesn't deliver in Wyoming (where I live) so it always gets transfered to the post office in a neighboring state and then it takes about a full week from there to reach me. :(

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
edit: actually, I think OnTrac could be worse...I strongly suspect driver stole my original Hikvision camera delivered by USPS, as it sat on my porch. USPS showed delivered, I had a delivery later from OnTrac, which was the only delvery on my porch that day. No one here steals anything, and it's not an area easily accessed by the public. Jennifer from Wrightwood promptly shipped a new cam, I assume at her loss.
Could also be the post office's fault. I had a package recently that the tracking said "delivered in/at mailbox"....Saw them deliver that day and it was no package. Still haven't figured out where they delivered it....I've also received mail for other people in my neighborhood...I also sent a package a few weeks ago and it sat in one post office for a whole week before moving on to the next city. I've pretty much lost all faith in the post office lately.