Speco Technologies - Anyone heard of them (product link in post)

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a friend who is looking at equipment for a house under construction. This is what he sent me today because he has access to it through his electrical supply house at cost. His price point is $1,000, which this isn't a bad deal for $1k with the HD, however I believe the cameras are junk. I also already did the whole talk about why kits are bad, why 2.8mm is useless outside, why I prefer Matrix IR over Traditional IR etc. However, while I put some other options together for him does anyone know who's hardware this might be? I can't believe Specotech is the manufacture.

http://www.specotech.com/index.php/products/video/kits/ip-kits/item/1078-zipl88d2

One thing they do have that I will need to look into more as I have not seen anything like it but it surely could have some business applications is this cool Wall mountable NVR Security Box with monitor
http://www.specotech.com/index.php/products/item/829-n8wnspm

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Speco has been around for many, many years. They are far from considered junk.
Appreciate the feedback. However, them being around for many years doesn't tell me much. Plenty of companies supply inferior products and are very successful at doing so.

Do you have any personal experience regarding Speco or first hand knowledge about the hardware? I'm only going off spec sheets he sent me.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
My local electrical supply company supplied Speco analog cams to a local village to monitor park equipment at night. They loved the colour low light video. I haven't seen the footage myself besides Youtube samples. This, of course, says nothing about their IP gear. I was talking to them only a month or so ago about their old analog install again. They didn't mention having installed any of their new IP gear so I don't believe they have so no recent experience or anecdotes.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
My local electrical supply company supplied Speco analog cams to a local village to monitor park equipment at night. They loved the colour low light video. I haven't seen the footage myself besides Youtube samples. This, of course, says nothing about their IP gear. I was talking to them only a month or so ago about their old analog install again. They didn't mention having installed any of their new IP gear so I don't believe they have so no recent experience or anecdotes.
Thanks! The view videos I've seen online are from the Speco company youtube page and they are the analog cameras, or they have a bunch of "tech session/feature" videos that show some of the cool features they offer, but next to no videos show off the camera quality/video especially at night which is why I'm concerned about quality.

Appreciate the feedback