Spider

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Really nothing too impressive, but impressive quality for 720p on a $75 dome camera from lightinthebox. This is one of the cameras I've previously mentioned to NEVER buy, it's crap, but it works, and I spent money on it, so I use it.

seems out of my 19 cameras, on 2 systems, I always get a spider intruding on at least one of them every night, but this one was a bit better than the usual.

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This seems very common for me as well. Spiders and their webs set off the sensor and my camera's record all night with a spider web. Hoping to find a fix for this one day.

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yep, this is annoying especially if you review your alerts via ios. All you see are hundreds of web alerts.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't had this issue yet, but then I set myself an event on my google calendar to do camera maintenance once a month, cleaning the lenses with microfiber cloth, and cleaning the outside of the camera and the area all around it. I would think you could spray something on the surfaces around the camera to keep spiders and things from crawling all over it.