Splitting IP Camera

Mac1122

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible to split the incoming cable to allow a single camera to go to two NVR's or and NVR and a switch

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With no context it sounds like you have two different workstations. Why not skip the switch and then just remote in from the second workstation to the first

glenwood

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, multiple devices can access a single camera through a switch. Need more details about what you are trying to achieve.

Mac1122

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to keep my NVR POE and also take the cameras and put them on Blue Iris through a PC. I have tried to access with BI but cant get passed the NVR's network to see the cameras. I am a novice at this so any info will help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which NVR is it?

Most of them can pass the signal to BI.

Simply go to "add camera" and type in the IP address of the NVR (not the camera) and put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then midway down is a section to add a camera number, so select camera #1 and save/ok and it should pop up.

If it does, then add another camera, copy that camera, and then change #1 to #2 and repeat.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua rebrand should pass it through.

Is the BI Computer and the NVR on the same IP address range?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you let the find/inspect do its thing? What did it suggest for the parameters?

Post some screenshots.

And what particular make/model of NVR as a Dahua rebrand could be dozens of different types. Most of the time BI does a good job with the find/inspect, but sometimes we have to manually change it and posting the make/model you may have someone see it that has the same unit and could tell you what to change the setting to.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider changing the title of the thread to "How to pass (brand/model) NVR to Blue Iris" and you may have a better chance of someone seeing it to post their settings.