spot light

stupots

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just set up two of the bullet cameras all working ok , question when activated at night I get the alert and spot light comes on, how long does the spotlight stop on for, i have to turn off manually, am i waiting long enough , or is there a timer how long it stop on for

stupots

n3wb
Reaction score
Not that I have such a camera but you could start by stating the brand and model # of your camera(s); there's got to be too many for forum members to guess what you have in order to help you. :idk:
Hi the camera is a imou bullet lite i know i can turn off the option on the camera for the spot light off when acitived, but it is a usefull option to keep on but my question is when i get a alert the spot light comes on but it stops on till i turn it off manually I dont know if it turns off after a while,
thanks for reply

1x IMOU - Bullet Lite IPC-G26EP-0280B Full HD 1080p WiFi Outdoor Security Camera

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After spending some time looking for a decent guide, I came up empty-handed. My best suggestion would be to watch this YouTube guide, as he goes over using the app to set up the camera which is where the active deterrence settings (siren, spotlight) are configured. Most of that begins at the 3:40 mark. EVERYTHING is done through the app, there's no other way, so it appears you must install the app on your smartphone, set up a cloud account, scan a QR code and take it from there.

If the link video below doesn't help, there are more and perhaps better videos in that same section that will help you. Good luck!

Last edited:

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the Imou turret. Which also include the warning spot light and the alarm, both controlled from the app. In my case, the light will only last 30 seconds (flicker), but if motion persist, it will add time to the spot. Are you allow to access the local web page (settings) of the camera (port 80)? At settings>>video detection>>warning light, you may change the flicker frequency between high-medium-low. In my case, the active deterrence (spot/siren) was not as effective as expected. The “human motion detection” is useless. I decided to modify the camera to upgrade the siren/spot, controlled directly from the app